Friday, August 1, 2008

Seeing some sights...

I love papaya! It´s absolutely my favorite fruit! My Tia Mimi bought me one special for my arrival. I have been having papaya smoothies every morning for breakfast. Its so filling and satisfying!
Photobucket
Me and my Tia Mimi

I woke up this morning with an urge to exersize. It´s so hard not to just be able to go out and go for a run whenever I want to. I don´t know my way around plus it´s not exactly that safe in some places. But I have been walking in the mornings with my aunt so atleast I can get some exersize in while I am here. I wish I could climb though. I miss the gym.

So Thursday after noon me and my Tia Mimi went to eat lunch at my Tio Ismael´s house. He lives kinda far away so we met my cousin Ruben at his house and picked him up and we all went together. We had "Lomo Saltado" which is fried potato with steak with rice on the side. It was delicious! My tio Benjamin came and my Tio Daniel and his wife Anna came as well. It was really good to see them again. We ended up just hanging out and talking until about 10 at night.
Photobucket
Tia Mimi, Tio Benjamin, Rosanna, Tio Daniel, Tia Anna, Me, Tio Ismael, and Ruben"El Choche"

That night after we left I still wasn´t tired so I called my cousin Becky to see if she wanted to go out. So I walked over to her house to figure out what we would do. Her husband Fernando and her kids Raquel, Fernandito and Christina came along too. When we went out to the car there was this cute little homeless dog that ran up to me. He was so sweet. I couldn´t help but play with him. There are so many dogs here all over the place everywhere I go I see them.
Photobucket
cute little homeless dog

Photobucket
in the car on our way, Fernadito, Christina, Raquel and me

So we ended up going to "Larco Mar" which is kind of like an "out in the open" mall. It overlooks the ocean and it has lots of little stores and restaurants. We walked around and took some pictures. It was cool out and breezy. It´s so pretty to look out onto the ocean and the lights.

Photobucket
next to Tony Roma´s (they have those here)

Photobucket
my nieces Raquel and Christina

After we left there we realized we were hungry again. So we went to Barranco, another part of Lima, where they have really good "anticuchos", cow heart on a stick. It´s one of my other favorite foods here. We ate at this little restaurant called "San Juanito", that´s the place I normally go to when I come here to eat anticuchos. It was so good! We also had some corn on the cob, the corn here isn´t like any other. The kernels are so gigantic and so much tastier then any other corn I have ever had. Í had another papaya smoothie too and also drank some Inca Cola. I love late night meals!

Photobucket
eating Anticuchos! yum!

No comments: