Saturday, August 9, 2008

La Punta Callao...

Friday morning Becky took me to "La Punta Callao". It´s where the naval base is and alot of boats and ships are there too. It´s so pretty. We walked around to the edge of the ocean and looked at rocks. The edge is covered with many smooth and big rocks. I found one I like dto bring back home to make my patacones(fried smashed plantains). Becky told me that the water there is freezing. She said I had to touch it and feel how cold it was. We walked further down where it wasn´t so steep to get to the water. We got closer and Becky was like "touch the water hurry" and as i bent down all of a sudden a huge wave came and it completly drenched my legs! It was soooo cold! Becky was yelling for me to run but I was laughing so hard and when i turned around she had fallen on the rocks and was trying to crawl and get away from the water. I couldnt even move because I was laughing so hard! So my shoes were soaked and so were my jeans! I was freezing! And I knew this wouldnt help my cold that was creeping up on me. We walked over to this stone wall and I took off my shoes and Becky tried to squeeze all the water out of my toe socks. My shoes were so soaked. But I didnt care. I still wanted to walk around and take pictures. I bought some sour gummy candy form a little vendor on the street and we just walked, took pictures and talked and talked.

Photobucket
my feet were so cold!

Photobucket
still cant figure out how to flip these to the right direction

Photobucket
I love being near the ocean!

Photobucket

Photobucket
you can go on a little boat ride

Photobucket
these little men are the boat drivers

Photobucket
other boats out in the ocean

Photobucket

Photobucket
little bird in the ocean

Photobucket

Photobucket
I wanted to run into all these pigeons to make them fly all around me but it didn´t exactly work

Photobucket
La Plazuela Principal de la Punta

Photobucket
buildings here were so colorful and bright

Photobucket
gazebo in the middle of the plazuela

Photobucket
me and Becky infront of a cathedral

Photobucket
we saw some parrots outside this bright blue house in a cage they were so cute

We went to see tia Nelly after our little water adventure. She was going to have surgery the next morning. When we got there tio Daniel, tia Anna, my cousin Noemi (tia Nelly´s daughter that lives in Chile), and tio Ruben were there. We drank some hot tea and ate some bread. Ivé been eating way too much bread lately. The bread here is so good! They have so many types of bread I can´t help but eat it all the time. My other cousin Daniel showed up after a while, he is really loud and crazy. But he is funny. We all just hung out until about 10 and then we finally made it back to Becky´s house. I wasn´t tired at all and still wanted to go out and walk around. So Becky and Fernando (her husband) took a little nap I woke them up around 1 am and then we headed out! We went to the Nazca park which is a replica of the Nazca lines, but since it was so late (or early) the lights weren´t on. So we walked down to the edge of the park. You could see the ocean from there far down below. We were pretty high up. So I took out my camera to take some pictuers and my battery was dead! I was so bummed. But I will go back to take pictures there again. Next we went to Miraflores. We went to this sandwhich place to eat. I think it was called sandwich.com or something wierd like that. I ordered the most delicious sandwich too! It was chicken with tomato and lettuce and avocado! It was probably the best sandwich I think I have ever had! It was so huge too I couldn´t even finish it. I also had te de coca, tea from coca leaves I love it, it gives me energy and tastes so good. My mom doesn´t like that I drink that stuff though, she thinks it´s bad because of it being coca leaves but oh well. I like it and they don´t sell it in the states so I will enjoy it while I am here. Plus there´s nothing wrong with drinking it. Anyways, so we walked around and we went to this little street called "Calle de las Pizzas"(street of pizzas). It was this long little street with clubs, and tons of pizza places and little local bars. We were with her kids so we didn´t go in them or anything. But it was cool just to walk down that street and how the people taht work there try to lure you into every place when you walk by. When I got back home I really had an itch to go there again.

No comments: